SAFE RX MENDOCINO
In the fall of 2015, a coalition of concerned community members, medical professionals, educators, law enforcement, and community-based organizations formed Safe Rx Mendocino. Safe Rx Mendocino takes a community approach when sharing new information on harm reduction methods, spreading awareness and engaging local residents in our mission. We meet via video conference on a monthly basis to check in with our partners, present new projects and share progress reports.
To join our coalition, call us at 707-472-2332 or email email@example.com.
Safe Rx Mendocino will focus on preventing and reducing substance misuse and stigma, promoting holistic, comprehensive treatments, and harm reduction initiatives. In addition, we will strengthen partnerships with health providers, law enforcement, and our community at large.
Our vision for the future of Mendocino County is of a healthier community; free from opioid, psychostimulant and other drug misuse.
- Adventist Health
- Anderson Valley Health Center
- The Arbor DFC
- Consolidated Tribal Health Project
- Ford Street Project
- MCAVHN Care & Prevention Network
- Mendocino Coast Clinics (MCC)
- Mendocino Community Health Clinics (MCHC)
- Mendocino County Public Health
- Mendocino County Youth Project
- Mendonoma Health Alliance
- Partnership HealthPlan
- Redwood Coast Medical Services
- Redwood Community Services (RCS)
Below are two videos produced by Safe Rx Mendocino. These are powerful videos and can be triggering. The first is the long (5 minute) version and the second is a short (1 minute) version. Both versions are also available in Spanish. Please feel free to download and share them! Thank you to all of the people who gave their time and energy, especially to those who told their stories. We appreciate you opening your hearts for us and your community.
IN THE NEWS
Here are some links to stories, videos and events that Safe Rx Mendocino has been involved in:
- Opioid Coalition Fights the Crisis
- Community Take Back: South Valley High School Coordinates Opioid Awareness
- The Opioid Epidemic: What Does Our Community Need to Know?
- The Opioid Epidemic by Laura Welter
- Mind, Body, Health: Opioid Crisis
- Combating The Opioid Crisis In Indian Country
- Fentanyl Awareness Day